The world of crypto is ever-changing, and while some currencies may fall out of favor, others are sure to rise up and take their place. Here we take a look at the top 20 cryptos that we believe will have the most potential in 2022. Reasons for each currency’s ranking are included, so that you can make an informed decision about where to invest your money.
The Top 20 Crypto Currencies with the Most Potential in 2022 – 2023
1. Bitcoin (BTC) – The granddaddy of all crypto, there’s no denying that Bitcoin will still have a place at the top in 2022. With a current market cap of over $200 billion, it would take a lot for another currency to overtake BTC.
2. Ethereum (ETH) – Ethereum is widely regarded as the most promising altcoin on the market. It has been adopted by major corporations such as Microsoft and JPMorgan, and is also being used in projects such as ERC20 tokens. Over the last several months, the price of ETH has fluctuated significantly. Its current market capitalization is about $80 billion.
3. Litecoin (LTC) – Litecoin is often seen as the silver to Bitcoin’s gold, and its popularity has been on the rise in recent years. It is one of the most user-friendly cryptos, and its transaction fees are low. LTC is the most popular crypto currency and has a market capitalization of $12 billion.
4. Ripple (XRP) – Ripple is a unique crypto in that it is not mined, but rather created by the Ripple company. It is designed for use by banks and financial institutions, and has already been adopted by a number of major banks. XRP has a current market cap of $10 billion.
5. Monero (XMR) – Monero is a crypto currency that provides users anonymity and security. It’s becoming increasingly popular among individuals who wish to keep their transactions private. The market value of XMR is currently $2.8 billion.
6. Bitcoin Cash (BCH) – Bitcoin Cash is a fork of Bitcoin that was created in order to address the scalability problems that had been facing BTC. It has since established itself as a popular crypto currency on its own, with a market capitalization of $30 billion at the time of this writing.
7. Cardano (ADA) – Cardano is a smart contract platform that is being developed by Input Output Hong Kong (IOHK). It is designed to be more user-friendly than other smart contract platforms, and its team is working on some innovative technology. ADA has a current market cap of $32 billion.
8. Stellar (XLM) – Stellars is a decentralized application platform (dApp). It’s comparable to Ethereum in that it allows for the development of decentralized applications, although its transaction costs are far lower. XLM has a market capitalization of $13 billion as of this writing.
9. EOS (EOS) – EOS is another smart contract platform that is being developed by Block.one. It promises to be more scalable than Ethereum, and its team is working on some ambitious plans. EOS has a current market cap of $10 billion.
10. NEO (NEO) – NEO is sometimes referred to as the “Chinese Ethereum” due to its similarity to the smart contract platform. It is designed to be more user-friendly, and its team is working on expanding its functionality. NEO has a current market cap of $8 billion.
11. IOTA (MIOTA) – IOTA is a unique crypto that uses the “Tangle” instead of a blockchain. This allows for faster and more efficient transactions, and its team is working on some cutting-edge technology. MIOTA has a current market cap of $4 billion.
12. Dash (DASH) – Dash is a privacy-focused crypto that offers users anonymity and security. It is similar to Monero in this respect, and its popularity is on the rise. DASH has a current market cap of $2 billion.
13. NEM (XEM) – NEM is a platform that allows for the creation of decentralized applications (dApps). It is similar to Ethereum in this respect, but its transaction fees are much lower. XEM has a current market cap of $8 billion.
14. TRON (TRX) – WAVES is a blockchain platform that enables the development and hosting of decentralized apps (dApps). In this regard, it is comparable to Ethereum, but its transaction costs are significantly lower. TRX has a market capitalization of $6 billion as of writing.
15. VeChain (VET) – VeChain is a blockchain platform that is designed for use by businesses and corporations. It offers enhanced security and traceability, and its team is working on some innovative technology. VET has a current market cap of $3 billion.
17. Crypto.com Coin (CRO) – As its name implies, the Crypto.com Coin is a cryptocurrency that can be used to pay for goods and services at online merchants that accept crypto currencies. The Crypto.com exchange’s native token is the CRO, which may be spent on anything that accepts Visa payments. The current market value of CRO is $4 billion.
18. Tezos (XTZ) – Tezos is a smart contract platform that is similar to Ethereum. It offers a number of advantages, including self-amending governance and security through formal verification. XTZ has a current market cap of $3 billion.
19. Maker (MKR) – Maker is a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) that is built on the Ethereum blockchain. It is designed to stabilize the price of the Dai stablecoin, and its team is working on some innovative technology. MKR has a current market cap of $1 billion.
20. Ontology (ONT) – The Ontology Network is a blockchain infrastructure that is designed for businesses and enterprises. It has enhanced security and traceability, as well as some cutting-edge technology to develop. The market value of ONT as of March 2019 was $1 billion.
The Top 20 Crypto Currencies with the most potential in 2022 are shown above.
They’re all working on cutting-edge technology and have solid teams behind them. Investing in any of these cryptos has the potential to pay off handsomely in the future.